Friday, August 17, 2007

Amazing August!

Ok so... seeing as how August has been amazing so far I thought I would fill everyone in on why it has been so grand.

So August brought a physical end to my rather crazy living situation and now gave me a chance to move out of Irvine and somewhere else. This is a major blessing in disguise. I have been so tired of living in Irvine for a while but stuck around because my roommate wanted to live close to school and then eventually close to work (which I admit was mighty tempting too so I didn't complain since I would have no commute). But now that he and I have separated ways, I am finally moving out of the area and down to south county which will be fabulous. I also will have a new flatmate who I seem to get along with swimmingly.

August 10th was AMAZING! Yes amazing people. For those of you who are not aware of what grand event happened on this day here is it is:
Stardust came out. A movie I had been ecstatic about since hearing it was going to be made. Neil Gaiman is one of the few authors who I can honestly say is one of my favorites. His works almost do no wrong and are always superb stories. And this movie did not disappoint. As the time got closer and closer to the movie coming out I was a complete fan girl and now a week after opening day I can say I have seen it twice already and still adore it.

If you haven't seen it... shame on you! (Shesh I am already wanting to see it again).

Now next you have August 11th... which is none other than my best friend's birthday. Every year I realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing friend and person in my life. Although she and I have a strange relationship, we always know how to cheer each other up and that we are a phone call away. She has been an anchor to me in most of my turbulent storms and I always pray I am the same for her.

This brings us to today... Today is the latest installment in the August Extravaganza. For today High School Musical 2 comes out. Yes say what you want but you better not speak poorly of my Wildcats or I will have to beat you down into submission.

Is it sad I not only can't wait for the movie (and have planned a slight shin-dig to celebrate it including baking brownies and whatnot), but love finding all the silly pictures of products that are associated with it?

Like so:
Anyone wanna play twister, because if so I will just buy it and we can get our party on.

So August is only halfway through but let me say it has been amazing so far. So hopefully things keep going.

As for more substantive posts... one is coming soon, but I can't bring myself to type it up while waiting for HSM2 tonight. Sorry.

(p.s. I told you all I was a big nerd)

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I fail to see what is so nerdy about all of this.

Congrats on the new place, neighbor.

ROCKstarlett said...

umm i would sooo play high school musical twisster with you